COMPANY: Social Media Link | Smiley 360
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Business Development
LOCATION: New York City
Work for the best social media marketing company in New York City!
Social Media Link (SML) is the leading influencer and advocacy activation company that amplifies social media conversation for brands. We make it easy for brands to activate impactful and trusted reviews and recommendations across social media, triggering action and leading consumers through the path to purchase.
SML’s platform, Smiley360.com, is a social community for influential people who love to share about their experiences with brands. Marketers utilize our platform to mobilize targeted consumer influencers to experience their brand and share reviews with the large social audiences they influence. Our proprietary Single-Click Sharing™ technology makes it easy for consumers to feed reviews to their most preferred social networks in one place, giving brands enormous exposure in social channels from passionate consumers.
Since 2009, we are proud to work with clients like Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Church & Dwight, Reckitt Benckiser, NBC, P&G, Campbell’s, BIC, Pfizer, Sears, Ogilvy, Edelman and more!
We’re searching for a dynamic and motivated Business Development Associate to join our growing team and help extend Smiley’s presence to top clients in verticals such as CPG, OTC, Entertainment, Fashion and more. This role will be primarily an inside based sales position focused on generating new leads, identifying new business opportunities and securing meetings at key accounts. There is an opportunity to make an immediate impact on business and also room for professional growth.
- Job emphasis is on recruiting new business and penetrating key accounts by securing capabilities meetings for Business Development Directors
- Proactively prospect and qualify potential new accounts
- Generate high volume of email outreach, cold calls and follow ups
- Communicate company benefits and key offerings both verbally and through email
- Engage clients as you build relationships quickly and effectively
- Manage an account list and consistently meet aggressive weekly and monthly deadlines
- Work closely with Sales team to forecast and contribute to team goals
- One to three years of successful sales experience is a plus but not required – open to entry level candidates who are motivated, eager to learn and are passionate about social media
- Well-versed and passionate about digital and social media; personal use a must
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Excellent organizational, communication (email and phone) and presentation skills
- Demonstrate effective follow up for all areas of sales cycle
- Strong time management and organizational skills to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- Strong customer focus – likes people and building relationships
- Results oriented, accountable, strong work ethic, strong team player
- Creative and quickly able to think outside the box and problem solve
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy, and willingness to learn
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, hands-on, rapidly changing environment
- Software fluency – Word, Power Point, Excel; SalesForce experience a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record or equivalent work experience.